Seasons of Change Practicum
Prerequisite: Seasons of Change Fundamentals
Did you enjoy learning about the Seasons of Change and how it supports your clients in transition? We have heard from a number of our students that they love the model, but they aren't sure how to integrate the model into their work with clients. In the Seasons of Change Practicum, you have the opportunity to deepen your connection with the model by:
- Working with a practice client. Receive guidance and support within a safe, collaborative environment as you work with your client each week.
- Finding your own voice with the Seasons of Change. You know the concepts. Now, it's time to practice talking about the model, the spiral, what season your client is in, the metaphors, the actions associated with each season, and relevant skills in your own words so it feels comfortable to share these concepts with your clients.
- Weaving the Seasons of Change into your coaching specialty. By integrating what you know about your specialty with the Seasons of Change, you'll have a deeper knowing about where your client is, what questions to ask, what activities to offer, what metaphors to share, how to show clients their progress and how to identify next steps to keep them moving on their personal path forward.
Please join us for our first Seasons of Change Practicum to develop your confidence, deepen your comfort level with the model, and strengthen your trust in yourself and the model so you can fully integrate the Seasons of Change into your work with clients in transition.
The course also includes a private coaching session with instructor and Seasons of Change Creator, Carol McClelland Fields, PhD, BCC, to address any personal questions you have about using the Seasons of Change in your coaching practice.
After completing the Seasons of Change Fundamentals Course, you'll be eligible to enroll in the Seasons of Change - Coaching Practicum (10 Credits).
Next Training: Winter 2019
CLASS SCHEDULE: 90 min calls, TBD
Instructor: Carol McClelland Fields, PhD BCC
Session 1: Describe the Seasons of Change Journey
Session 2: Identify Your Client's Season
Session 3: Explore Actions By Season
Session 4: Incorporate Metaphors into Your Sessions
Session 5: Customize Your Coaching Work
Session 6: Troubleshoot and Celebrate
Cancellation Fee: $50; Within two weeks of start of class - 50% refund; once course begins no refund.
- We'll open each call with a discussion about the value of a particular element of the Seasons of Change Model - the spiral, knowing where your client is on the spiral, metaphors, actions.
- Then each student share an update on their practicum client using the week's theme as the focus. As a group we'll brainstorm and discuss possible next steps for each coach/client.
- We'll wrap up each class with guidance for next week's client session, personal reflection about topics we discussed in class, and preparations for the following week's class.
- Coach Your Practicum Client - using previous week's discussion to guide you in facilitating a rich conversation with your client.
- Personal Reflection - Journal prompts will give you an opportunity to explore the topics we cover in class.
- Prepare for Following Week - In preparation for the following class, you'll review materials to refresh your memories about the Seasons of Change to deepen and enhance our class discussions and client work.
ILCT Students: Please Register Here